Curtiss-Wright’s Defense segment provides our nation, and several international defense forces, with vital aerospace, ground and naval defense systems and support. Reflecting our strong presence on key platforms, Curtiss-Wright is well positioned even in challenging defense environments, providing a wide range of solutions and critical technologies required for today’s most demanding defense applications, from controlling the lift, flight and landing of aircraft to stabilizing the weapons systems on armored tanks.
Through our Defense Solutions division, Curtiss-Wright is a long established technology leader and integration partner to our customers, providing a full range of advanced, highly engineered solutions for the most demanding rotorcraft, fixed wing, unmanned, ground, and naval applications.
Within the growing field of defense electronics, Curtiss-Wright is the industry leader in the embedded computing market. Our rugged electronic modules and systems are based on industry standard Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) open architecture-technologies that enable prime contractors and defense agencies to deploy quickly, meet size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C) constraints while leveraging the latest technologies available in the marketplace. Further, it allows them to process data in real time to support mission-critical functions in the air, at sea and on the ground.
Curtiss-Wright has also emerged as an important resource for the Defense Department’s Net-Centric Warfare strategy, a style of technology-enabled preparation and execution that provides a virtual real-time shared picture of an ongoing military situation by integrating networked sensors, command and control systems, and modern weapons on the battlefield. Known as Command and Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), our net-centric products and systems include high- performance radars, signal intelligence, electro-optical and infrared sensor data collection, and network and secured storage.
We also provide the actuators, sensors, pilot controls, data concentrators and recorders found aboard today’s most important military fixed-wing, rotorcraft and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) platforms.
Additionally, our broad engineering capabilities combine system, software, electrical, and mechanical design expertise with comprehensive program management and a broad range of life-cycle support services.
Curtiss-Wright specializes in the design and development of:
- Rugged electronic modules and packaging solutions including ADC/DAC modules, digital signal processors, FPGA processor cards, I/O & communications boards, single board computers, and video/graphics
- Rugged Electronic and electromechanical system solutions including aiming & stabilization systems, ammunition handling systems, data recorders, data storage devices, mission computers, mission displays, network routers, radar systems, and rugged Ethernet switches
- Avionics systems including air data systems, data acquisition, data concentrators, crash protected recorders, fire & ice detection and protection systems, flight testing and space data handling systems.
- Instrument and control systems for Navy propulsion systems
- Shipborne helicopter handling systems and cable handling systems
- Specialized structures and other sophisticated systems for U.S. and international navies